- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
Frosting and Garnish
- 1 container (1lb) rich and creamy chocolate frosting
- Powdered sugar
- Sliced fresh strawberries
1. In 1-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream over medium high heat until hot not boiling. Stir in chocolate chips until melted and mixture is smooth. Refrigerate about 1 hour,stirring occasionally, until thick.
2. Heat oven to 350° F. Place paper baking cups in 24 muffin cups. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
3. Place ¼ cup of batter in each muffin cup. Spoon 1 tablespoon of cold chocolate mixture in center of each cup. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool 1 minute.
4. Remove cupcakes from pans to cooking parchment paper. Cool 10 minutes. Frost with chocolate frosting. Sprinkle with powered sugar and garnish with strawberries (optional). Serve warm.
Recipe found in BETTY CROCKER® COOKBOOKS #260 BEST CUPCAKES & CAKES MARCH/APRIL 2011