- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 15 Andes Mint Candies
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate
- 2 oz white chocolate
1. Place butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat together until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract. Sift together the flour and cocoa into the mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Shape dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a 13×9 cookie sheet with parchment paper. Unwrap the dough and use hands to smooth out on the parchment paper evenly. Bake in the over for 10-15 minutes, or until firm.
3. Remove from oven and cut into squares approximately 2×2 and place Andes Mint Candies on half of the squares. Use the other half of the cookies to cover the ones with the mint candies on them and gently press down..
4. Once the mints candies have stopped melting and the cookies are firmly set, cut each square in half, forming approximately 2×1 cookies.
5. Place the semisweet chocolate in a heatproof bowl, set the bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water, and heat until melted. Let cool. Spoon the melted semisweet chocolate over the cookies.
6. Place the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl, set the bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water, and heat until melted. Let cool, then pipe or drizzle it over the cookies and let set.
Recipe found in 1001 Cupcakes, Cookies, & Other Tempting Treats by LOVE FOOD
with a few changes made by me : )