- 1 Box SuperMoist French Vanilla cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for in the cake mix.
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
Filling and Frosting
- 6 oz Fresh raspberries
- 2 containers white frosting
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- grated lemon peel strips
1. Heat Oven to 350F. Place paper baking cups in each of 24 regular-sized muffin cups. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for cupcakes, using water, oil and eggs and adding 2 tablespoons of lemon peel. Cool 10 minutes. Remove to cooling racks. Cool completely.
2.Reserve 24 raspberries for garnish; set aside. In small bowl, beat remaining raspberries, 1 cup of the frosting, and 2 tablespoons lemon peel with whisk until well blended.
3. Fit ¼ inch-diameter round tip into decorating bag. Spoon raspberry mixture into bag. Insert tip into center of each cupcake, about 2/3 of the way down; gently squeeze bag, pulling upwards until cupcake swells slightly and filling comes to top. (Do not let filling spill out over top of cupcake.)
4. In Small bowl, mix remaining frosting and the lemon juice until smooth and shiny. Pipe or spread frosting on cupcakes. Garnish each with fresh raspberry and lemon peel strips.
Recipe found in BETTY CROCKER® COOKBOOKS #260 BEST CUPCAKES & CAKES MARCH/APRIL 2011