- 2 8oz. tubes of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 8oz. package of cream cheese
- 1/4 c chopped medium black olives
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp dried minced onions
- 1/4 c chopped green chilies (optional)
1. Preheat to 400.
2. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese. Add the cheddar cheese, chilies, olives, onion, and hot sauce.
3. Separate each tube of crescent dough into four rectangles; press perforations to seal.
4. Spread cheese mixture over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut each roll into 10 slices; place on greased baking sheets (or on backing sheets lined with parchment paper).
5. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe inspired by Richardson High School Culinary program.
Note: I’ve found best results using name brand crescent rolls. I also use reduced fat crescent rolls, 1/3 less fat cream cheese, and reduced fat/fat free cheddar cheese. Helps people feel better about pigging out : ) Great Super Bowl snack!