- 6 c chicken broth
- 1 c dry white wine
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 c finely chopped onion
- 2 c Arborio rice
- 1 container baby bella mushrooms, cooked and chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 c grated Parmesan
1. Combine chicken broth and white wine in a medium sauce pan and heat to simmering, keep warm
2. In a large 3 to 4-quart saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the rice and stir. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the rice is translucent around the edges. Do not let the rice or onions brown.
3. Reduce the heat to low. Add enough wine and chicken stock to cover the top of the rice. Stir often, until the liquid is completely absorbed. Once absorbed, add more liquid to cover the top of the rice. Continue stirring. Repeat until all the liquid is absorbed.
4. Add mushrooms and asparagus. Remove from heat and add Parmesan.
Recipe inspired by Alton Brown, 2005.