- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic, finely diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup diced cooked turkey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tsp dried sweet basil
1. Melt 1 tbsp butter into medium skillet. Add onions and garlic and sauté until golden.
2. Cut the potatoes into quarters, cook in a saucepan of simmering water until not quite done but still firm, about 10 minutes. Rinse in cold water and drain. Dice to 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
3.Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add potatoes and cooked onion/garlic mixture. Cook until potatoes begin to brown.
4.Add tomatoes and turkey. Cook hash until well browned, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Note: For best results, flip hash with a spatula, it results in less destruction of the potatoes.
Recipe created by Me : D