Note: Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty. If the mixer isn’t mixing the dough sufficiently, use your hands instead : ) It’s more fun that way anyway.
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 c light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 7 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 7 oz milk chocolate, chopped
1.Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2.Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Mix in the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Add half of the dark and milk chocolate piece, then mix well.
3. Form batter into balls, place on baking sheet, leaving plenty of space between each cookie, and smush dough into even circles of desired width and thickness. Stick the remaining 1/2 of the chocolate chunks into the cookies to make them extra chocolately.
4.Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Let cook on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool.
Recipe found in 1001 cupcakes, cookies and other tempting treats