Note: Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty. If the mixer isn’t mixing the dough sufficiently, use your hands instead : ) It’s more fun that way anyway.
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 c light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 7 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 7 oz milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping Cream
- 7 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1.Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2.Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extracts and beat until smooth. Mix int he flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Add half of the dark and milk chocolate piece, then mix well.
3. Form batter into balls, place on baking sheet, leaving plenty of space between each cookie, and smush dough into even circles of desired width and thickness.
4.Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Let cook on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool.
5.Bring the cream to a boil in a small saucepan, stir in the chocolate until the chocolate has dissolved completely and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and place in the refrigerator to cool down.
6.When the mixture is cool, place the mixture on one cookie and top with another. Continue until all cookies are sandwiched.
Recipe found in 1001 cupcakes, cookies and other tempting treats