- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans
- 1 1/2 c salsa
- 1 3/4 c shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 16 oz guacamole *
- 1/3 c finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/3 c sour cream
- whole pitted ripe olives
* Note: I use home-made guacamole: 3 large avocados, 1/4 cup onions, dash of salt and lime juice. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit, and scoop into a bowl. Add a dash of lime juice then use a fork to poke holes in the avocados, holes make it easier to mash. Using the fork, mash the avocados until smooth. Add the onions and salt, stir, and taste. You can control how it tastes, if you love onions, add a little more, if you like salt (I do), add a dash more salt or lime juice.
1. Spread beans onto bottom of 11 x 7 or 13 x 9 glass casserole dish. You can also use a plastic equivalent if you’re taking this to party. Top with salsa and 1 1/2 cup cheese.
2. Carefully spoon guacamole over cheese and sprinkle with cilantro.
3. Take a plastic sandwich bag and cut one of the corners off, forming a small opening. Fill bag with sour cream and pipe yard lines on top of the guacamole to resemble a football field.
4. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup cheese in the end zones. Place the olives on dip to resemble football players, 11 on each side. Serve with tortilla chips.
Recipe found in Favorite Brand Name Recipes Holiday Fun