I’ve tried several different recipes for Pesto Sauce and most of them turned out to be too strong for my taste, so I’ve created a Pesto Sauce that is delicious with less of a bite. This recipe is also low-fat. I use this Pesto Sauce recipe for my Pesto and Chicken Pizza recipe, which I will post, but I bet it will be great on pasta or sandwiches. Yields about 1 cup of pesto.
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves, stems removed
- 1 bunch of parsley, curly or flat leaf
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 c Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Place the dry ingredients in food processor. Pulse until well blended. Make sure the parsley and basil leaves have been broken down and there are no large chunks of leaves.
2. Add lemon juice and olive oil. Pulse until well blended.
- If you prefer a wetter pesto sauce, slowly add more olive oil until desired consistency
- If the basil or garlic is too strong, add more parsley
- If lemon juice is too strong, add more Parmesan cheese or garlic
Recipe created by Me : D