Serve over rice if desired. Serves 5 to 8 people.
- 2 1/2 pounds large shrimp, deveined and deshelled
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 green bell peppesr, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6oz tomato paste
1. Clean shrimp and boil in 2 quarts of water for 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from stock, saving stock.
2. Use an iron skillet, make a roux by heating butter and mixing in flour, stirring constantly until browned.
3. Add onion and bell peppers; brown slightly. Add shrimp, salt and pepper.
4. Stir until shrimp are coated with roux and none of the roux, onions, or peppers sticks to the skillet. Add tomato paste and stir 5 minutes over moderate heat.
5. Pour in 1 cup of shrimp stock and cook 10 minutes over moderate heat.
6. Cook for 30 minutes over low heat and add more salt and pepper if needed, and more shrimp stock if a smoother consistency is desired.
Recipe created by My Granpda : D