This is a great substitute for mashed potatoes.
For those who are on Medifast, this recipe counts as 8 greens, 1 lean, and 1 healthy fat. This recipe makes about 3 servings each of 3 greens and 1/3 lean. It’s difficult to divide evenly because it really depends on the size of head of cauliflower you’re using. I’m basing this off of the average head that makes 4 cups chopped cauliflower. You would need to pair this with another lean. I like to pair it with chicken and pork chops.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 tbsp cream cheese, reduced fat
- 1 tbsp chicken stock
- 1/4 c Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped for garnish
1. Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
2. Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until cooked but still firm. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cauliflower dry.
3. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and puree until your desired consistency is reached.
4.Garnish with chives, and serve hot.
For a chunkier consistency, remove cauliflower from the stove while it is still firm and puree only for a few seconds — you can always stir them with a spatula to finish mixing the ingredients if needed. For smoother consistency, cook cauliflower until it is well done and puree in the food processor until blended.
Recipe found at Food Network