- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 pork loin chops (with bone), 1 inch thick, trim all visible fat
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 10 ounces sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1.In a large skillet, heat the butter over moderately low heat.
2. Season pork with salt and pepper. Raise heat to medium and add the pork chops to the pan and sauté for 7 minutes. Flip the pork chops and cook until browned, about 7-8 minutes longer. Remove the pork chops and put them in a warm spot.
3.Add shallots to the pan and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes.
4.Add the chicken stock to deglaze the pan, stir in the mustard, 1 tablespoon parsley, then add mushrooms and cook about 3 minutes, or until mushrooms are done.
Instead of pouring the sauce over the pork chops, I served the pork chops dry and used a slotted spoon to take the mushrooms out of the sauce and served them over the pork chops. I put the sauce in separate bowls for dipping the pork chops into. Once the pork chops are plated, sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley on top.
Recipe found at SkinnyTaste.com