- 1 box moist vanilla cake mix + ingredients listed on the cake box
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup Captain Morgan Pineapple Rum (depending on how rummy you want it)
- 1 can of pineapple slices in pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, halved
- 2 tbsp butter, melted, halved
- 1 small package of instant vanilla pudding
- 2 8 or 9 inch cake pans
1. Preheat oven as directed by the cake box. Do not flour, butter, or PAM the pans. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, instant pudding, oil, eggs, and water. Beat until smooth.
2. Open the can of pineapple. Using your hand, hold the pineapples in place, and pour the pineapple juice into the cake batter. Stir until the pineapple juice is incorporated into the batter. Pour the rum into the batter and stir until incorporated.
3. Divide the melted butter into two small bowls. Add 1/4 cup of brown sugar to each bowl and stir until well incorporated. Pour the brown sugar/butter mixture into each cake pan and spread with a spoon if needed.
4. Remove the pineapples from the can and place 5 pineapple slices in each pan. See picture above for how to arrange them. Sprinkle the pineapple slices with rum then pour the cake batter into the pans.
5. Bake as directed by the cake box. My oven is old, so I usually cook them for 15 minutes, turn then, then cook for 10 more.
6. When the cake starts to pull away from the edges, remove from the oven. Immediately after removing from the oven, transfer to your serving dish. Do not wait for the cake to cool, you need to remove the cakes from the pans as soon as you take them out.
I store my cakes in cake boxes and let them sit overnight before serving. Letting them sit allows the alcohol to settle and the flavors to blend.
Recipe created by Me : D