This is a great substitute for mashed potatoes. Careful, this recipe can be addicting. This recipe pairs great with my Pork Chops with Mushrooms and Shallots recipe.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 tbsp cream cheese, reduced fat
- 2 cans of chicken stock
- 1/4 c Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 small head of roasted garlic
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped for garnish
- pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Remove the cloves from the head of garlic, cut off their ends, and remove the peel. Place the now bare garlic cloves in foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
2. Empty the two cans of chicken stock into a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in the boiling chicken stock for about 6 minutes, or until cooked but still firm. Drain well; do not let cool. Place cauliflower into the food processor bowl. Save the chicken stock.
4. Add the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, roasted garlic, salt, and 1 tablespoon of chicken stock to the food processor and puree until your desired consistency is reached.
5.Garnish with chives, and serve hot.
Recipe created by Me : D