For those of you who are using this recipe for Medifast, the entire recipe counts as about 3 lean and 2 greens. The Mexican cheese counts as 3 leans, the egg beaters 1/8 lean, and the cauliflower 2 greens.
- 1 cup raw grated cauliflower
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced fat Mexican blend cheese
- Garlic powder and Italian seasonings, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350. Mix cauliflower, egg substitute, 1/4 cup shredded cheese and 1/2 tsp of garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt together in a bowl until combined.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with Pam. Pour mixture onto the cookie sheet and spread it with the back of a spoon until you have created a 1/2 inch thick rectangle.
3. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes then use two spatulas to flip the dough over. It’s okay if it breaks, you’re going to cut it into strips later anyway.
4. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
5. Take out of oven and with a knife, spatula, or pizza cutter, cut the dough in half length wise, then in 1 inch strips widthwise. Separate slightly and sprinkle with garlic powder, Italian seasonings and 1/2 cup of cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve with marinara sauce if desired.
I pair these cheese sticks with my Turkey Sausage Italian Meatballs.
Serve with marinara sauce if desired.
Based off of the recipe found at Sandy’s Kitchen