For those of you who are using this recipe for Medifast, the entire recipe counts as about 4 greens, 1/2 lean, 1 snack, and 2 healthy fats. So, this recipe makes about 2 servings. If you’re looking to create full Lean and Green meal, you will need to add a lean to this meal, like a salmon filet or a chicken breast, as well as another green, like a side salad.
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded 2% reduced fat shredded cheese
- 1 package crushed Medifast crackers or 2-3 saltines
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- 1 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
1. Slice zucchini and squash into 1/4″ slices. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder.
2. Melt butter and add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute squash for 6 to 7 minutes until tender. Remove from heat.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Pam an 8×8 baking dish and spread squash into the baking dish.
4. Combine cheese and basil with the crackers and sprinkle over the entire dish. Bake for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Recipe based off of the recipe found at Sandy’s Kitchen