- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp each of oregano, garlic powder, parsley, salt, sweet basil, and ground thyme
- 1/4 c onions, diced
- 1 small can of tomato sauce (I use Hunt’s Basil, Garlic, and Oregano tomato sauce), divided
- 1/4 c Egg Beaters
- 1 lbs 93% ground beef
1. Place all ingredients except the tomato sauce into a bowl. Add 2 tbsp of the tomato sauce to the bowl and mix ingredients together. I get better results by using my hands to combine the ingredients instead of a utensil. You’re going to have to get your hands dirty to shape the meatloaf into logs any, might as well get your hands dirty now. You want a very smooth consistency as well as for all of the spices to be evenly distributed. If your mixture it too dry for your liking, add a little more tomato sauce.
2. Separate the meat mixture into two even halves. Scoop up half of the mixture into your hands and form it into a log. My log was about 2 x 2 x 5. Don’t worry if it isn’t. Once the log it to your liking, place it into the upper half of an ungreased microwaveable casserole dish. Do the same for the second half of the meat mixture and place in in the lower half of the casserole dish.
3. You should now have two logs of the same size that almost touch. Pour half of the remaining tomato sauce over each meatloaf log. The tops and sides of each log should now be coated.
4. Microwave for 10 minutes. Cut into one of the log to ensure that it is cooked all the way through. If it is not, cook in increments of 2 minutes until the center is to your liking. Cut into 1/2 inch slices and serve. Pour the sauce from the pan over the meatloaf for extra flavor.
Recipe created by Me! : D