Makes about 20 skewers
- 2 small packages (12 oz each) of medium-large shrimp, cooked, deveined, and detailed, thawed
- 1-2 lbs petite sirloin steak, at least 1 inch thick
- 1 small container of cherry tomatoes
- 2 containers of whole button mushrooms (the ones I bought were in glass jars)
- 1 large onion
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small squash
- Webers Roasted Garlic and Herb seasoning
- Meat tenderizer
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic powder
- Wooden skewers
1. Place the steak on a cutting board and sprinkle both sides with meat tenderizer. Rub in the tenderizer. Use a fork to prick both sides of the steak. Lightly sprinkle Worcestershire sauce on both sides of the steak. Cut the steak into cubes no larger than 1 x 1. Place the steak cubes into a medium bowl and sprinkle with Webers seasoning. Toss the steak to coat evenly with Weber seasoning.
2. Place the shrimp into a medium bowl, sprinkle with Weber seasoning, and toss.
3. Cut the zucchini and squash into slices no thicker than 1/2 inch. Place the zucchini and squash into a medium bowl. Cut both ends off the onion and cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 1 inch strips then cut the strips into 1 inch squares. Add the onions to the veggie bowl. Drain the mushrooms and add them to the veggie bowl. Add the cherry tomatoes to the veggie bowl. Sprinkle the veggies with salt and garlic powder. Toss. Sprinkle and toss again to ensure everything is seasoned evenly.
4. Arrange the meat and veggies on the skewers. I tried to fit 2 pieces of each meat and veggie on the skewer. If it doesn’t fit, don’t worry about it. I tried to put onions before and after each piece of steak to hold in the steak juices. Skewer the zucchini and squash from top to bottom instead of through the middle.
5. Instead of a grill or a grooved grill plate, I used a flat grill plate over the stove covering 2 burners. I noticed that it takes longer for the steak to cook on grooved grill plates vs. flat grill plates. Use whatever you have. Cook over medium heat. I was able to cook 6 skewers at a time. Check the skewers periodically and turn them when the steak starts to brown. Before you remove them from the stove, be sure that all sides of the steak have browned and that no red is showing.
Recipe based off of the recipe found atSlimKicker