My coworkers love this salad and several people asked for the recipe. This recipe has been in the family for generations. We always make it for holiday gatherings. It goes great with honey baked or spiral ham.
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 4 boiled eggs, whites only, sliced
- 8 slices of bacon or turkey bacon, diced
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup of celery, diced
- 10 oz frozen green peas, uncooked
- 1 + tbsp sugar
- 1 + cup light miracle whip or mayo
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat
1. I usually use either a 9×13 glass or plastic dish or a large glass bowl. Shred iceberg lettuce into your dish. Shred the butter lettuce into the dish. In this order, layer on the egg, bacon, green onions, celery, and frozen peas.
2. In a small bowl, mix 1 tbsp sugar and 1 cup miracle whip. Starting at one of the edges, use the back of a spoon to spread the dressing. Adding a tbsp at a time, continue to use the spoon to spread the dressing across the top of the salad. I use a painting motion, pretend you’re painting a canvas. If you used a 9 x 13 dish, you probably need more dressing. If so, mix another 1 tsp sugar and 1/4 cup miracle whip until you’ve covered the salad with a thin layer.
3. Top the salad with the shredded cheddar cheese. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Recipe created by My family : D