- 1 heaping tbsp light sour cream
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 slices turkey bacon
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, diced
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1/4 c onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 c parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
1. In a large skillet, cook both bacons over medium-high heat, flipping when crispy. Remove from heat and place on a plate covered in paper towels to remove grease. Drain the grease from the bacon skillet, but keep the skillet.
2. In the same pan, add the onion, garlic, mushrooms, ground thyme, and salt. Lower heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes. Stir and continue cooking until mushrooms have softened and browned.
3. Wash the zucchini and slice in half lengthwise – do NOT cut off the ends. Using a melon baller or a metal teaspoon, scoop out the center of the zucchini, leaving some flesh on the sides. Be careful to not scoop to deep.
Place the flesh you just scooped onto a cutting board and chop finely – I used a food processor.
4. In a large bowl, add the sour cream and zucchini flesh. Stir. Using a slotted spoon, scoop out the mushroom mixture – you don’t want to use any of the liquid left in the pan. Chop the bacon – or tear with your hands — into small pieces. Add the bacon to the bowl. Stir until all ingredients are well integrated.
5. Place the empty zucchini boats into 2 greased (PAMed) 9 x 13 glass dishes. Spoon the filling mixture into the boats. Top with grated parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 – 25 minutes or until the zucchini have softened.
Recipe created by Me : D