- 6 pack of ciabatta bread
- 6 large leaves of butter lettuce
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 avocados
- 1 large tomato
- 8 oz deli slices turkey, I used honey smoked butterball
- 6 slices of bacon
- 6 slices of ultra-thin provolone cheese
1. Cut each slice of bacon in half and fry in a large skillet until crispy. Remove to a paper towel covered plate to remove the grease. Slice the hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Dispose of the yolk. Slice the egg in half lengthwise again. Rinse the butter lettuce, tear out the hard center, and separate into 2 smaller leaves. Slice the tomato into 1/4 inch slices. Cut one avocado in half and remove the pit. Place flat side down and slice into 1/4 inch slices. Remove the peel and sprinkle lightly with lime juice to prevent browning. If your turkey slices are larger than the ciabatta, tear or cut the turkey slices in half.
2. Slice open one avocado, remove the pit, and peel off the skin. In a small bowl or food processor, combine the pesto and the two avocado halves. Pulse for 7 – 10 seconds or mix until avocado is creamy and pesto is mixed throughout. Set aside.
3. Open one ciabatta roll. Spread 1/2 tsp of the avocado spread on the top and bottom of each bun. On the bottom bun, layer on 2 slices of turkey, 1 slice of provolone, 2 strips of bacon, 4 slices of egg, 2 slices of avocado, 2 lettuce leaves, and 1 slice of tomato.
I served my sandwiches with Oven Baked Seasoned Sweet Potato Fries.
Based off of the recipe found on Babble