Delicious! Tastes fantastic in Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo, over regular pasta or Zooldles (Zucchini Noodles). Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic paste (optional)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
1. In a small sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, add 1 tbsp corn starch. Stir until combined. Add the garlic paste and stir until combined
2. Slowly pour in 1 tbsp milk. Using a whisk, combine the milk with cornstarch mixture. Whisk until smooth. Slowly pour in the rest of the milk. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until smooth. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure the milk does not form a film on the bottom of the pan.
3. In a small bowl or shaker jar, combine the remaining 1 tbsp cornstarch and ¼ cup water. Stir or shake until combined. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the sauce and stir. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
Based off of the recipe found at Tablespoon