The taquitos are baked — not fried — and are low-fat.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- Ole Xtreme Wellness High Fiber and Low Carb flour tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 400. Trim the chicken. Season the chicken with garlic powder and ground thyme. Place the chicken in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat. Cook each side for 5 – 7 minutes or until browned. Once fully cooked, remove from heat and onto a cutting board. Cut the chicken into ½ inch thick strips then cut the strips into small pieces.
2. Combine all ingredients, except the tortillas, in a medium bowl and stir until well incorporated. Place about 1/2 – 1 cup of filling on the lower 1/3 of the tortillas. Starting at the side with the filling, roll up the tortilla. Place the taquitos seam side down into a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
3. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until lightly browned, flipping the taquitos over half way.
Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with sour cream, salsa, or guacamole if desired. I think they’re perfect on their own.
Recipe created byMe! : D