Makes 7 chicken skewers and 2 mushroom skewers.
- 3 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 oz button mushrooms from a jar or small baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Cut the chicken breasts into 1 x 1 inch cubes. Mix the soy sauce, honey, garlic, and chicken in a small bowl. Pour mixture into a large Ziploc bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, combine the mushrooms, salt, and garlic powder. Stir until the seasoning is evenly distributed. Place the mushrooms on a skewer. I fit about 8 on 1 skewer. Remove chicken from fridge and place on skewers. I was able to fit about 8 pieces on 1 skewer.
3. Fit a large grill plate over 2 burners of your stove – or whatever method you prefer for grilling. Place the chicken skewers on the grill and cook for about 7 minutes per side. The sides should brown but not burn and you shouldn’t be able to see any pink. I rotated mine a few sides to ensure that all side received the same amount of heat. If you’re not sure they are fully cooked through, cut one open.
4. After cooking the chicken skewers, lower heat to medium and grill the mushrooms skewers. Turn every few minutes so they don’t burn. I tried to place mine in the juice that was left over from the chicken so that some of the key west marinade soaked into the mushrooms for added flavor.
Based off of the recipe found at Grocery Budget 101