- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped, about 2-3 tbsp
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup finely shredded 2% cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 6-8 slices ultra-thin pepper jack cheese
- 6-8 onion ciabatta buns (I used gluten free)
- 6–8 butter lettuce leaves
- 6-8 slices of tomato
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 avocado, slices into rings
1. In a large bowl, combine all of the burger ingredients. Use your hands to mix the ingredients together. Form the meat mixture into patties about 3 – 3 1/2 inches round and 1 – 1 1/2 inches thick. You do not need to dimple the patties.
2. PAM the grill plate. Place the grill plate on the stove over medium-high heat. When hot, place the patties onto the grill plate, 2 on each side, cooking 4 at a time. Do NOT squish the patties. Let them cook on their own. If you squish them, the juices will run out, and you don’t want that. Cook the patties until they’ve browned, 7-10 minutes, and then flip the patties over. Be careful not to burn the bottom of the patties. Cook them 7-10 minutes more. Remove from heat and cook the remaining patties.
3. Cut the ciabatta buns in half, place the cheese on the top half, and the veggies on the bottom half. Enjoy!
Based off of the recipe found on What’s Gaby Cooking