To make this recipe gluten free, use a gluten free hoisin sauce or omit the Hoisin Sauce altogether.
- 8 oz ground pork
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 head butter lettuce
1. Add the pork to a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat until browned, about 15 minutes. Make sure to break up the pork into small pieces.
2. Stir in the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and chili power. Stir in the water and cook until almost completely dissolved, about 7 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, ginger, and green onions, stir, and cook for 3 minutes. Add the carrots, stir, and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the carrots begin to soften.
3. Tear off one leaf at a time from the butter lettuce head and gently wash each leaf. Leave in the hard stem, you’ll need it to hold the cup together. Spoon 2-3 tbsp of the pork filling into each lettuce cup. Enjoy!
Based off of the recipe found on What’s Gaby Cooking