- 6 chicken breasts
- 6 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 box of stuffing – I used chicken flavored, but use your favorite
- 16 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 packet brown gravy mix (or a jar of gravy if you prefer)
- Salt, garlic powder, and ground thyme
1. Preheat oven to 400. Trim the chicken. Season both sides with salt, garlic powder, and thyme. Be sure to rub in the seasoning. Place the chicken in an ungreased 9 x 13 glass casserole dish. Place 1 slice of Swiss cheese on top of each chicken breast.
2. Pour the stuffing mix evenly over the chicken. If your stuffing mix comes with a packet of spices, sprinkle the seasoing over the stuffing once you have added the stuffing to the dish
3. Add the sliced mushrooms to a large bowl and toss with 1 tsp each of salt, garlic salt, and ground thyme. I find that mushrooms can be kind of bland when cooked down, so I like mine seasoned. Once seasoned, add the mushrooms to the casserole dish.
4. If you are using a jar or pre-made gravy, ignore this: In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of water — or the amount required on the back of the gravy packet — with the gravy mix. Stir in the water slowly to avoid clumps. Drizzle the gravy over the mushrooms in the casserole dish.
5. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil, then cook for 10-15 more.
Recipe created by Me! : D