- 1 tsp basil paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 c parsley, loosely packed
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
- Garlic powder and Italian seasonings, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350. wash and dry the cauliflower. Cut the cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until fine. Mix cauliflower, egg substitute, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, and 1/2 tsp of garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt together in a bowl until combined.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with Pam. Pour the cauliflower mixture onto the cookie sheet and spread it with the back of a spoon until you have created a 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick rectangle.
3. Bake for 20 minutes then use two spatulas to flip the dough over. It’s okay if it breaks, you’re going to cut it into strips later anyway.
4. Combine the basil paste, garlic paste, lemon juice, olive oil, and parsley in a food processor and pulse until smooth. If you want to make the pesto by hand, chop the parsley until fine then stir the ingredients in a small bowl. If you want to use fresh basil, start with 1 tbsp finely chopped basil. I’m just not a fan of fresh basil, so I use the paste, it’s not as strong.
5. Spread the pesto onto the cauliflower and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Sprinkle the rest of the shredded cheese onto the pesto and lightly season with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Vake for 5 minutes or until melted.
Cut into strips and serve warm.
Created by Me! : D