This was my favorite item at Taco Bell when I was younger and I’ve been craving it ever since Taco Bell discontinued it several years ago. I finally had enough and decided to find a way to make them myself!
I think these taste better than Taco Bell’s Crunch Wrap Supremes. If you’re not into chicken, try it with beef! Just purchase 1 pound of lean ground beef and 1 packet of beef taco seasoning. They both taste great.
Makes 4 Crunch Wrap Supremes
- 1 pound chicken
- 1 pack of taco chicken seasoning
- 1 cup Nacho cheese (I buy Gehl’s Nacho Cheese from Wal-Mart)
- 1 large Tomato, diced
- 1 cup Lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup Onion, diced
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese.
- Re-fried beans (optional)
- 5 Large burrito flour tortillas
- 4 Tostada shells
1. Cook the chicken in a large skillet over medium-high heat until cooked throughout. Remove to a cutting board and shred. I cut the chicken into 1/4 inch wide strips then cut them into small pieces.
2. Place the shredded chicken back into the large skillet and sprinkle with the taco seasoning. Add water as directed on the taco seasoning packet and cook until the water has evaporated. Remove from heat.
3. Place the tortilla on a flat surface. Starting in the middle, spread about 1/4 cup of nacho cheese into a circle about the size of the tostada shell. Top with the shredded chicken and 1 tablespoon of onions.
4. Place the tostada shell on top of the onions and spread 2 tablespoons of sour cream on it. Sprinkle with, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, onions, and shredded Mexican cheese.
5. Cut 1 tortilla into 4 equal parts. If you’re using refried beans, spread them on one side of the tortilla quarter. Place that quarter bean side down on top of the onions. If you’re not using refried beans, place the tortilla quarter on top of the onions.
6. Take one side of the bottom tortilla and fold it over the tortilla quarter. Repeat at every 3-4 inches until you’ve folded all of the tortilla over.
7. Place a skillet or flat griddle over medium heat. With one hand on top of the crunch wrap and another underneath, flip it over and gently place it on the griddle. If you have a bacon press, place it on top of the crunch wrap supreme, if not, you can use a small plate. Grill the crunch wrap for 2-3 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Flip the crunch wrap over and repeat.
Remove from heat and enjoy!