For those who are on Medifast, the recipe counts as 8 greens and 1 lean. This recipe makes about 4 servings of 2 greens and 1/4 lean. To round out the meal, you would need to add another lean to the meal, like 4oz of chicken. Since you need 3 greens for your meal, you could pair this with another green such as green beans or a side salad.
- 2 cups of cauliflower florets, cooked and finely chopped *
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters or 1 egg
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
* Note: I used an 8oz bag of frozen cauliflower, cooked it in the microwave for a few minutes, then used a food processor to finely chop the cauliflower.
1. Preheat oven to 400. Place the cauliflower a cheese cloth or paper towel and press out any excess liquid.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir until combined.
3. Spoon about 1 tbsp of the mixture into your hands and gently roll unto an oval or tot shape. Place the tots onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden, turning half way.
Based off of the recipe found on Skinny Taste