- 1 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 packet McCormick Chicken Taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 each yellow, red, orange, and green bell pepper
- 1 cup Mexican cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c cilantro, chopped
Makes 4 servings.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/2 pack Medifast Fajita Seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 each red, yellow, and green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Mexican cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Makes 2 Lean and Green meals.
1. Preheat oven to 400. Cut the tops off of the bell peppers then cut in half, forming two bowls. Remove the seeds. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and lightly salt each half. Cook for 10 – 15 minutes or until soft and staring to brown.
2. Preheat George Foreman Grill. Cook the chicken breast until cooked, about 2 minutes per side. OR cook the chicken in a large skillet over medium-high heat until cooked, about 5 minutes per side. Cut each breast into 1/4 inch wide strips, then into 1/4 inch wide chunks.
3. If you used a George Foreman grill, add the chicken to a large skillet. Add the Chicken Taco or Medifast seasoning and the water. Bring to a boil and simmer until the water has evaporated, about 10 minutes if using McCormick, stirring occasionally. Stir in the cilantro.
4. Spoon 1/4 cup of chicken into each bell pepper half. If you have leftover chicken, divide evenly. Top with Mexican shredded cheese and bake for 5 minutes.
Based off of the recipe found on Coach Breanne