I will never again make a broccoli, rice, and cheese casserole. This recipe is THAT good! I can eat the whole batch in one sitting and still crave more.
The entire recipe counts as 1 Lean and Green Meal + 1 Medifast snack.
- 1 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 8 oz frozen broccoli
- 1 pack Medifast Multigrain Crackers or 1/2 c gluten free breadcrumbs if you’re not on Medifast
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, reduced fat, shredded
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters or 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
2. I like to cook my broccoli in a skillet over the stove, but if you prefer the microwave, feel free to do so and skip this step. If you want to use the stove: add the frozen broccoli and water into a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until cooked but still firm, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. .
3. Chop the broccoli into small pieces. Place into a medium mixing bowl.
4. Crush the multigrain crackers until they’re the consistency of breadcrumbs.
5. Add the onion, cheddar cheese, and breadcrumbs to the mixing bowl with the broccoli. Stir until the breadcrumbs are mixed throughout. Stir in the Egg Beaters.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until firm. Flip the patties over – they should be a nice golden brown – and bake for an additional 7 minutes to brown the other side.
Remove from oven, cool for a few minutes, then enjoy!
Based off of the recipe found on Po’ Man Meals