Ding dong, the witch is dead!
I’ve seen several similar crafts on Pinterest that involve pool noodles and real shoes, but that’s not very practical for a welcome mat. You can’t walk on that. So I decided to make a welcome mat you can actually use as such. Halloween craft #2: Witch Welcome Mat.
- 1 pair of striped kids leggings, any color combination works
- Gold Sharpie or marker (I used Sharpie Poster-Paint Metallic Gold)
- 1 – 8.5 X 11 sheet of black felt
- Witch boot pattern (Here’s the Witch Boot Template I created)
- Welcome mat
- Pencil, pen, or chalk that will show up on the felt
- Hot glue gun
Step 1: Print out the witch boot template. Cut out the boots. Place the boots on the black felt and trace around them. Cut out the boots.
Step 2: Trace a square around the buckle with the gold Sharpie or marker. Be sure to leave the center of the buckle black.
Step 3: Arrange the boot cutouts on top of the feet of the leggings. Once you have them where you’d like them, pick up one of the boots and apply hot glue to the foot of the legging. Press the boot to the legging and hold for 10-15 seconds. Repeat with the second boot.
Step 4: Place the top of the leggings under the welcome mat. You may need to play around with the placement to get it to look the way you want.