This is a great casserole to take to a themed office or dinner party. It tastes amazing, looks great, and reheats perfectly. Halloween recipe #4: Baked Eyeball Breakfast Casserole.
Note: You can also adjust the cooking time to allow for your preference of cooked eggs, such as decreasing the time for eggs over easy.
- 1 bag (20-30 oz) frozen shredded hash browns, thawed (or substitute southern style)
- 1 can condensed cream of potato soup
- 8 oz sour cream (I used light)
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 slices Canadian bacon
- 10 eggs*
- Small Ziploc bag
* Note: If you use large eggs, they will spill over the Canadian bacon cups. Use small eggs to avoid over flow.
Step 1: Heat oven to 350. PAM a 13 x 9 glass casserole dish.
Step 2: Quarter the onion then slice into thin 1/8 inch wide slivers.
Step 3: In a large mixing bowl, combine the hash browns, onions, cream of potato soup, sour cream, cheese, and salt. Pour into the casserole dish and spread evenly.
Step 4: Place the Canadian bacon over the top of the potato mixture, do not overlap if possible. Gently press the Canadian bacon into the potato mixture, forming cups. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
Step 5: Carefully crack 1 egg into each Canadian bacon cup. Bake 20 minutes or until eggs are set.
Step 6: Pour 1/4 cup of ketchup into a small plastic Ziploc bag. Cut 1/8 inch off of one of the corners. Pipe the ketchup onto the eggs to resemble veins.