This recipe contains 4 servings of 1 lean, 2 greens, 1/4 healthy fat, and 3 condiments.
- 1 lb. chicken, raw, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 c light sour cream
- 1 c mozzarella or Italian blend cheeses, divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- 14oz frozen broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 c water
- 16oz baby spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1 tsp butter or margarine
- 1/4 c onion, diced small
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced small
1. Preheat oven to 400. PAM a 9×9 baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the raw chicken cubes, light sour cream, ½ tsp garlic powder, and ½ tsp ground thyme. Stir until the sour cream and seasonings are evenly distributed.
3. In a large skillet, melt the butter or margarine. Add the onions and garlic. Cook over medium heat until fragrant and soft, about 7-10 minutes. Stir in the broccoli and water. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
4. In a medium skillet, cook the spinach until soft, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli mixture, spinach, and chicken mixture. Stir until combined. Add ½ the cheese and stir.
6. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese. Bake covered for 20 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
Recipe created by Me! : D