This soup is great for a cold day. It’s super easy to make and is ready in about 30 minutes. This recipe is also very versatile — you can use any vegetables that you happen to have on hand.
Want to make the dish vegetarian? Easy, just omit the chicken.
Gluten free? Use gluten free pasta or omit the pasta. Just make sure the cream of chicken soup, milk, and chicken broth are produced in a gluten free facility.
- 1 10.5oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of milk (using the empty cream of chicken soup can)
- 2 15.5oz cans of chicken broth
- 3 cups dry garden veggie pasta
- 1 lbs. chicken
- 1 cup of corn kernals, canned or frozen
- 1 cup of peas, frozen
- 1 cup of carrot slices, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 tsp+ ground thyme
- 1 tsp+ McCormick Perfect Pinch Salt Free Garlic and Herb seasoning (or any mixture of garlic and herbs)
Note: Canned corn and frozen peas and carrots were what I had on hand. If I had had mushrooms and celery, I would have added those as well. You can use whatever vegetables you like.
1. In a medium sauce pan, combine the cream of chicken soup, milk, and chicken broth. Whisk until smooth. Stir in the pasta, 1/2 tsp thyme, and 1 tsp garlic and herb seasoning. Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer until pasta is al dente, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, trim the chicken breasts of any excess fat. If the breasts are thick, slice them in half to reduce the cooking time. Lightly season both sides of the chicken with ground thyme and garlic and herb seasoning. Cook the chicken in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until cooked throughout, about 7 minutes, flipping halfway. Remove the chicken to a cutting board and cut into 1/4 inch chunks.
3. Combine the peas, carrots, and corn in microwave safe bowl and microwave until warm.
4. Add the chicken and vegetable mixture to the sauce pan with the pasta. Stir until the chicken and vegetables are mixed throughout. Serve hot.