These guys went like hot cakes at work! They were all gone in less than 30 minutes. Coworkers swarmed to the break room to get a piece before it was gone. (They were so happy to see something festive that wasn’t sweet!) It’s a guaranteed success!
- 1 can of crescent rolls*
- Hillshire Farms Turkey Lit’l Smokies
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 red bell pepper
* Note: 1 can of crescent rolls makes 24 little pigs-in-a-blanket. If you want to make 2 wreaths or use the entire package of lit’l smokies, you’ll need 2 cans of crescent rolls.
1. Preheat oven to the temperature specified on the crescent roll can. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Unroll the crescent dough and separate into 4 rectangles. Pinch the seams together. Cut each rectangle into 6 strips.
3. Wrap 1 strip of dough around a lit’l smokie. Repeat with the remaining 23 strips of dough. Place seam side down on the parchment paper, slightly touching, in a circle.
4. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Melt the butter in a microwaveable bowl. Brush the butter onto the tops of the rolls.
6. Cut the top and bottom off of the red bell pepper. Cut along the bell pepper indentations. Using the flattest piece, trace the shape of a bow with the tip of a knife on the inside of the bell pepper. Cut away the excess pieces. Use two 1/2 inch wide strips for the tails of the bow.
Serve hot and enjoy!