This is a slightly altered version of the sauce that I use on my Pork Chops with Mushrooms and Shallots recipe. It also pairs great with my Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower recipe, for those who like gravy on their mashed “potatoes”. I like to dip chicken or pork chops in this sauce as well.
- 2 cans of chicken stock
- 1 tbsp cream cheese, reduced fat
- 1 clove of shallots, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 8 oz of baby Bella mushrooms, sliced, about 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1. Place a large skillet over medium heat, add shallots and cook until soft, stirring occasionally, 3-5 minutes.
2. Add the chicken stock, cream cheese, and Dijon mustard, stirring until well incorporated. Let the sauce boil for 5 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, sauce should begin to thicken.
3. Add the mushrooms and cook about 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are browned but still somewhat firm. Add the parsley, stir, cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and serve,
If your sauce isn’t as thick as you’d like it to be, let it simmer over medium-high heat for several minutes, until it reaches your desired consistency.
Recipe created by ;Me : D